I know what you’re thinking, and yes, it is winter in the midwest and this picture was definitely taken in the midst of summer! But I truly couldn’t resist sharing this photo filled with organic and natural vibes, especially while Michigan isn’t currently looking quite as lush!
Happy Wednesday everyone!! The beautiful sunshine has me beyond excited for spring, and with spring comes the blossoming of new ideas, new motivation, and a refreshing fresh start! Spring is truly a wonderful season filled with love and happiness, so I couldn’t resist sharing my new direction for Simply Tess!!
Health/wellness has been by far the most requested topic for me to share on my blog, including my personal health/wellness routine through my everyday life! Since this topic is such an important aspect of my life, I am ecstatic to introduce “Wellness Wednesday”! I am a huge advocate for good vibes, happiness, and organic living, and I want to share my wellness with each of you every single Wednesday! I will be incorporating recipes, workouts/fitness, meditation practice, detoxification/simplification, crystal healing, journaling, skincare, books, and anything/everything else that leaves me feeling inspired (and, of course, my absolute top must-haves from LUSH since my obsession is unreal)! I also would love for each of you to share your wellness tips and inspiration, and to let me know if there is a specific topic you would like me to share!!
I wanted to kick off my first Wellness Wednesday post by sharing my favorite green smoothie recipe with all of you, and it’s the perfect recipe to try for spring! This is my own specific recipe that I have created based on my personal preference, so feel free to modify to your own liking!
TROPICAL DETOX GREEN SMOOTHIE
- One large handful* of baby spinach
- Low in fat and cholesterol, provides protein, iron, vitamins and minerals!
- One banana
- Free of fat and cholesterol, good for digestion, heart health, and weight loss!
- Small handful* mango chunks (fresh or frozen)
- Helps prevent certain cancers, lowers cholesterol, improves eye health, promotes healthy sex, improves digestion (the list goes on and on)! Mangos are truly essential for healthy living!!
- Small handful* strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Antioxidants, rich in vitamins and minerals that contribute to overall health!
- Small handful* blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Antioxidants, decreases heart disease, and lowers cholesterol in blood!
- 2-3 tbsp shredded coconut
- Fiber, vitamins and minerals, and amino acids!
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, and multiple micronutrients! Also naturally gluten free!
- 1/2 tbsp flaxseed
- Omega-3 fatty acids, heart healthy, and a high-fiber superfood!
- Coconut water/ice
- Add for desired thin/thickness. (Substitute organic orange juice for a fruity twist!)
*I prefer using the term “handful” because I vary how much I put in of each ingredient every time!
While I am definitely not a health/wellness expert, I have developed a perfect, personal lifestyle that I genuinely enjoy living! I am sharing my techniques and facts based on my own knowledge and understanding, as this is what works for my body specifically! I cannot wait to share more of this series with all of you, and promote even more good health and good vibes every Wednesday!!
Love & Good Vibes