Happy Wednesday everyone!! It’s like the saying goes, it truly is better in the Bahamas!! Doug and I spent a week visiting islands, exploring new places, and meeting some of the most incredible people from across the globe! We set sail on Royal Caribbean, and let our minds, bodies, and spirits relax and detoxify as we cruised across the ocean!
Two of the islands we visited were Nassau/Paradise Island and Cococay, and I wanted to share some incredible places to visit as well as some travel tips that will help make any cruise/vacation run perfectly!!
Fresh coconuts on the island, YUM!! My goal for the cruise was to drink out of a freshly cut coconut, and it did not disappoint!! Also, if you like this outfit, check out all of the details here! This dress is under $30 too!
Welcome to Nassau Bahamas!
My favorite row of colorful shops and buildings!
Pompey Square is a historic landmark, and during the 1700s it was the scene of slave auctions. The Pompey Museum of Slavery and Emancipation is located on the square, and it is a commemorative space to visit and pay respects!
Majesty of the Seas, our cruise ship! We are completely sold on Royal Caribbean, and are already planning another cruise for next year! I’m thinking maybe the Cayman islands, St. Thomas, or maybe both?!
We took one of these smaller boats over to Paradise Island, and our tour guide was so fun and energetic!! For only $4, you can’t beat it!
The most incredible yacht club with a beautiful view! My family and I are fellow boaters, and have been our entire lives, so this was very fun to see!
Dairy free and gluten free ice cream, YUM!
We didn’t spend much time on Paradise Island, but it was fun to walk around Atlantis! Both Islands are full of palm trees and the most vibrant colored buildings, and it was truly an incredible experience!
Welcome to Cococay!! This was Doug and I’s favorite day, and our favorite place that we visited!
The cutest floating tiki bar!! A definite must-visit on the island!
We walked out as far as we possibly could in the incredibly warm water! Pictures cannot even represent how beautiful the island is, and this was by far our favorite destination!
The middle of the island was filled with lush greenery and animals, and there were plenty of chickens roaming around!! So cute! One chicken ended up sitting underneath the chairs behind us!
The most beautiful week with my best friend, we made memories that will for sure last a lifetime!
- If you’re taking a cruise, make sure you pack essentials on a carry-on! They will take your bags to load onto the ship when you arrive, and you want to make sure you have everything you need! In my carry on, I kept Doug and I’s passports, IDs, and wallets, a swimsuit for each of us, sunscreen, my polaroid camera (and film!), both of our sunglasses, chapstick, gum, a book, my Birkenstocks, and our phone chargers. Our bags didn’t get delivered to our room right away, so we changed into our swimsuits and lounged by the pool before our departure!
- Bring cash and cards! We paid cash for almost everything on the islands, but a few places only accepted card as the form of payment. Also, if you’re paying with cash, make sure you receive your correct currency back in change!
- Don’t buy the wifi package! Unless it’s an absolute necessity, try avoiding using the wifi offered by the ship. Doug and I used the entire cruise as a digital detox, and it was the best thing we could’ve done!
- Book any excursions beforehand! The prices increase A LOT if you decide to book an excursion the same day, so look into packages and deals before you depart!
- Invest in a passport! This may not be necessary for some cruise lines, but having a passport makes everything so much easier! We were told we wouldn’t need a passport, but then it ended up being a requirement in order to make it through customs. Thankfully we brought ours anyway, but make sure you do research just in case!
- Relax and recharge, and enjoy every moment!!
Love & Good Vibes