Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you all had the best week, and are ready for the weekend! Today I wanted to talk about having a perfect day, from the moment you wake up to when you go to sleep that night! These are my favorite things to do on a daily basis, and I hope you find some inspiration!
- Get a fresh start! I’m someone who always wakes up in a great mood, and I’m ready to embrace the day! I absolutely love mornings, and I view them as a fresh start! One tip that I have is one that I learned from my mom, and it’s to wake up an hour before you need to start getting ready. Take this hour to sip your coffee or tea, and let your body gradually wake up before you start your morning routine. This will give you a lot more energy throughout the day, and it will put you in an incredible mood! Keep your phone plugged in, take some time for yourself, and enjoy your morning! “Life is waking up an hour early to live an hour more”
- Go outside! Nature is beautiful, and it’s so incredibly peaceful! I personally love to go outside in the morning, and enjoying the quiet tranquility when it feels like the rest of the world is still asleep. Take some time to watch the sunrise, listen to the birds chirping, smell fresh flowers, listen to waves crash against the shore, watch the sunset, and stargaze. I love sitting outside and enjoying nature with a hot mug of tea!
- Eat good meals! Eating is incredibly important (at least I think so!), and I absolutely love cooking and eating delicious meals! Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for indulging once in a while, but I believe that what you put into your body is what you’ll get out of it. I like eating healthy, organic food because it truly makes my body feel amazing! Also, one of my favorite things to do is to search healthy recipes on Pinterest! Plus I’m lactose and gluten intolerant, so I’m always on the hunt for good recipes that I can eat! Check out my Food Board for some inspiration!
- Get inspired! I always take a good chunk of the day to look at things that make me feel inspired! I love looking at pictures of flower bouquets, travel destinations, workouts, coffee, fashion, and recipes! I also love reading positive, uplifting quotes and thoughts! I especially love doing this in between my classes, and whenever I have some down time! I also have my lock screen set as an amazing picture of a flower arrangement, and it makes me so happy every time I look at it!
- Quality time! I absolutely love spending quality time with my friends and loved ones! I make an effort to do something fun with one of my friends at least every day, whether it’s going downtown to get lattes or macarons, or heading to the library for a fun study date! I love getting out and exploring, and I have the best time when my friends come along! Don’t forget to spend some quality time with yourself as well, because you definitely deserve it!
- Relax! Read, write, color, meditate, take a bath, or take a nap! Whatever helps relax your mind, body, and spirit! I love to put on a face mask, light a candle, and curl up in a blanket with a hot mug of tea! I love reading, and I love to write in my journals and planners and come up with new ideas for blog posts! There’s also nothing better in this world than meditation, so I would look into it if that’s something that interests you! Definitely designate time for yourself to relax, whether it’s in the morning before your day begins, or at night once your day is complete!
- Refresh & disconnect! You’re all probably tired of me saying this, but take some time and disconnect from your electronics. Put your phone on airplane mode, and step away from it for a while. Take some time off of social media, and go have an adventure! Or sit at a coffee shop and talk with friends, instead of all of you staring at your phones. My boyfriend and I always leave our phones alone when we are spending time together, and we leave our phones in the car when we go out for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Enjoy the art of conversation, and even do some people watching! Social media will always be there, and don’t miss opportunities because you need to insta your food or snap your friend. You can always do that later, I promise! 😉
I hope you all have a wonderful day, and a wonderful weekend! I have some great content planned out for you all, so definitely stay in touch! I’ll talk to you very soon!