Hi everyone, I hope you’re having a wonderful week! Like most of you know, Thursday is when my weekend begins so I’m incredibly excited! I’ve unfortunately been sick all week, and the cold, rainy weather definitely hasn’t helped! Something that always helps me feel better though is a trip to Le Bon Macaron in East Grand Rapids! This place is absolutely to die for! The food (and macarons of course) are incredible, and I’m obsessed with the oolong creme tea and the soy vanilla latte! My best friend Ally and I make a trip every week together, and we stay for hours!
I have a bad case of wanderlust, and there are so many places in the world I want to visit! I hope to travel the entire world with Doug, and one of my dreams is to travel to Paris! I’ve always wanted to go there, and watching Gossip Girl multiple times definitely didn’t help the obsession! Blair Waldorf is my idol (besides Joanna of course!) and I definitely will be channeling her when I visit Paris! But anyway, how perfect and adorable is this place? The white and pink mixed with the white granite is literally perfection, and I love the hint of light wood and exposed brick. If you’re around East GR (or Lansing, they have a store there too) definitely check out Le Bon Macaron!
I hope you enjoyed this post, and I hope you have a great weekend! I’ll talk to you very soon!
Talbots Shearling Vest//Similar J Crew Top//J Crew Jeans//LL Bean Boots//Apple Watch
Hi everyone, I hope you’re having a great start to the week! I wanted to share one of my favorite outfits with all of you, because I’ve been wearing it a ton! To start off, I’m absolutely in love with this vest that I got from Talbots! I kept seeing similar styles at other stores, so if the price of this one isn’t for you then there are so many other options! I decided to keep it neutral with my striped shirt from J Crew, plus I thought the stripes looked cute peeking out from the vest! In my last post, I talked about my obsession with J Crew jeans, and I’m wearing them again with this outfit but in a darker wash!
I love the look of my LL Bean boots with this outfit, and I think it compliments the shade of my vest well without looking identical. Of course I had to wear my Alex and Ani bracelets, as well as my Apple Watch! I personally love this outfit, and I can’t wait to create more looks with the vest! Talbots is literally my obsession (besides J Crew of course!), and I think it’s the perfect store for someone who’s into dressing preppy!
I hope you all have a great week, and I’ll talk to you very soon!
G.H. Bass Sweater//J Crew Crinkle Gingham//J Crew Jeans//LL Bean Boots//Similar J Crew Necklace
Hi everyone, happy Sunday! I hope you all had a great weekend, and a relaxing day today! This previous week was the first week of my winter semester, and I already love my new classes! I’m finished pretty early each day, and I don’t have any Friday classes! I’ve had so much going on, and I’m glad I’m sharing a fashion post with all of you!
I love everything about this outfit, and it’s casual enough for me to wear to class! I’m a huge fan of the sweater/gingham combo! I think it’s really preppy, and I always feel very put together when I wear it! I paired a gorgeous statement necklace with it, and also my LL Bean boots! I think the color of the leather boots are such a cute touch, and they’re perfect for snowy/icy weather! Also, can we PLEASE just talk about J Crew jeans? I have never owned jeans that I love more than the pairs I have! They are so comfortable, and they honestly have me question wearing my lululemon leggings every day! I love the sweater from G.H. Bass, because the back and sleeves are a different texture than the front. It’s a bit oversized, but I absolutely love that style for sweaters! I have multiple fashion posts coming up, and almost all of them involve an oversized sweater!
I hope you enjoyed seeing a fashion related post, since it’s been a while since I’ve posted one! I have so many amazing posts coming up, so definitely subscribe so you don’t miss out! I’ll talk to you soon!
Hi everyone, I hope you had a great week and that you’re ready for the weekend! I’ve been so stressed out with my finals, but today I have a break to relax and to do some writing. Also, I’m excited to write on this specific topic because I’ve really been thinking about it for a while! I do classify myself as a “morning person”, however my mornings tend to start around 8-9 am when I get to sleep in. While this may seem early for some people, it’s actually a lot later than I would like to wake up. There’s honestly nothing I love more than waking up when the sun is just starting to rise, drinking a hot mug of tea, and just relaxing my mind, body, and spirit. Getting myself to actually do that though is a completely different story! So, I decided to make some tips and ideas to help anyone become a morning person!
- Get up! While this may seem obvious, just do it! If you set an alarm, try to wake up the very first time the alarm goes off instead of snoozing it 8 times. Do this when you are sleeping in as well. When your body first wakes up is when you should get up!
- Look at the world around you! Open up the blinds, or maybe sit on your front porch and watch the world. Watch the sunrise, watch the wildlife, listen to the sounds of nature. Getting some fresh air and admiring the beauty of our earth is a perfect way to get your day started!
- Indulge! Whether it’s a morning coffee, a piece of chocolate, a hot bath, or watching your favorite show! It’s your quality time with yourself, and you deserve to have some time to make yourself happy. Plus, I can’t think of anything better than starting my morning with a hot mug of tea, or a soy vanilla latte from Starbucks!
- Disconnect! This is hard for most of us, myself included. Rather than staring at a screen, stimulate your mind in different ways! Read a book, write in a journal, talk a walk outside, go to the gym, or meditate! A lot of us wake up in the morning and instantly check social media, but try to avoid doing that. Give yourself some time in the morning to disconnect.
- Workout! Start the day with hot yoga at 6 am, or go to the gym and get your workout finished for the day! It will increase your mood, and get positive endorphins flowing for the day! Once you’re finished, treat yourself to a coffee or have a delicious breakfast! If working out isn’t for you, then just relax!
- Be positive! Read some positive or motivating quotes as soon as you wake up to help you embrace the day! Sometimes bad days happen, and we don’t want to face the world the following morning, but stay positive. Every day is a fresh start, and every sunrise is a new beginning. Make today the day to start your goals or projects that you’ve been putting off!
These are some things that I enjoy doing in the morning, and that I wanted to share with the rest of you! I still have plenty of mornings where I snooze the alarm as many times as possible, but hey I’m working on it! I hope you all enjoyed, don’t forget to subscribe! Let me know in the comments what you would like to see next!
American Eagle Dress//Calvin Klein Coat//Michael Kors Tote
Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, and a fun night/morning of shopping! I loved every moment of my Thanksgiving break, but I’m heading back to school tomorrow for two and a half more weeks. I have a lot of finals and a huge paper due, so I’m enjoying my break as long as I possibly can!
Anyway, I wore this outfit for Thanksgiving and I absolutely love it! The dress was super comfortable, and it isn’t very tight in the waist so I was able to hide my extremely full stomach. I paired it with my favorite Calvin Klein coat and my Michael Kors tote! I also paired it with a pair of booties I bought years ago from G.H. Bass and Co! I loved how they looked with the outfit, and they were comfortable to walk around in!
Again, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss out on any future posts, and let me know what you would like to see next!