Talbots Shearling Vest//Similar J Crew Top//J Crew Jeans//LL Bean Boots//Apple Watch
Hi everyone, I hope you’re having a great start to the week! I wanted to share one of my favorite outfits with all of you, because I’ve been wearing it a ton! To start off, I’m absolutely in love with this vest that I got from Talbots! I kept seeing similar styles at other stores, so if the price of this one isn’t for you then there are so many other options! I decided to keep it neutral with my striped shirt from J Crew, plus I thought the stripes looked cute peeking out from the vest! In my last post, I talked about my obsession with J Crew jeans, and I’m wearing them again with this outfit but in a darker wash!
I love the look of my LL Bean boots with this outfit, and I think it compliments the shade of my vest well without looking identical. Of course I had to wear my Alex and Ani bracelets, as well as my Apple Watch! I personally love this outfit, and I can’t wait to create more looks with the vest! Talbots is literally my obsession (besides J Crew of course!), and I think it’s the perfect store for someone who’s into dressing preppy!
I hope you all have a great week, and I’ll talk to you very soon!
G.H. Bass Sweater//J Crew Crinkle Gingham//J Crew Jeans//LL Bean Boots//Similar J Crew Necklace
Hi everyone, happy Sunday! I hope you all had a great weekend, and a relaxing day today! This previous week was the first week of my winter semester, and I already love my new classes! I’m finished pretty early each day, and I don’t have any Friday classes! I’ve had so much going on, and I’m glad I’m sharing a fashion post with all of you!
I love everything about this outfit, and it’s casual enough for me to wear to class! I’m a huge fan of the sweater/gingham combo! I think it’s really preppy, and I always feel very put together when I wear it! I paired a gorgeous statement necklace with it, and also my LL Bean boots! I think the color of the leather boots are such a cute touch, and they’re perfect for snowy/icy weather! Also, can we PLEASE just talk about J Crew jeans? I have never owned jeans that I love more than the pairs I have! They are so comfortable, and they honestly have me question wearing my lululemon leggings every day! I love the sweater from G.H. Bass, because the back and sleeves are a different texture than the front. It’s a bit oversized, but I absolutely love that style for sweaters! I have multiple fashion posts coming up, and almost all of them involve an oversized sweater!
I hope you enjoyed seeing a fashion related post, since it’s been a while since I’ve posted one! I have so many amazing posts coming up, so definitely subscribe so you don’t miss out! I’ll talk to you soon!
Hi everyone, it’s been a while! Let me start by saying, this is by far my favorite post I’ve ever written! I had so much fun writing this, and I hope you enjoy it is much as I do! Anyway, I hope you all had a great Holiday, as well as a great start to 2016! 2015 was a year filled with many amazing things, however I know 2016 is going to be even better! Throughout the past year, I learned a lot and I discovered a lot of things about myself. I wanted to take the time to share with you some things I learned in 2015, and also some “resolutions” for 2016. With the new year comes 365 new opportunities!
- Get organized. I am the type of person where I have to have my life planned out to the exact minute, and I use my Lilly Pulitzer planner and my Erin Condren life planner. I’ll admit, sometimes my planning can go a bit overboard! But honestly there is no better feeling than knowing exactly what’s going on, especially when you have a lot going on.
- Take care of yourself. Unfriend/unfollow the negative people who bring you down, because you are better than that. No one should be in your life if they aren’t impacting you in a positive way. With that said, take it easy on yourself. We all assess every single flaw, but remember how beautiful, intelligent, and talented you are!
- Write it down. Every night I write down three positive things about my day in my journal. Even if you have a bad day, try to come up with something positive. Reflecting on the positive moments instead of the negative ones will help your overall mindset, and might even make you smile!
- Exercise (and enjoy it). If you hate a specific exercise (like cardio), then don’t even do it! There are so many fun ways to exercise while still getting in a great workout! To be honest I hate lifting weights more than anything, so I do a lot of other strength building exercises that I really enjoy! I think we all make the resolution to “work out” every year, and you’ll definitely see the best results if you’re enjoying what you’re doing!
- Let go. This is one of the hardest things for me to do. I am someone who holds grudges for far too long, and I become upset about things that happened years ago. However, this was something I worked on a lot in 2015, and I’m definitely going to continue it in 2016. The past is the past for a reason, and it’s more important to focus on the amazing future you’re going to have.
- Don’t stress over uncontrollable things. Bad things will happen sometimes, but it’s okay! Maybe you failed an exam and it feels as if life is over. It’s not, I promise! You tried your best, and sometimes things don’t go as planned. Make an effort to meet with your professor and talk about it, and study like crazy for the next one. Don’t let uncontrollable things define your life, because everyone messes up once in a while!
- Take road trips with friends/loved ones. Take a day or a weekend, and get away from it all! Make an amazing playlist and take a road trip to somewhere you want to go! Whether it’s one hour, or 12, go explore and make incredible memories! I have a 14.5 hour road trip with my boyfriend coming up very soon, and I’m honestly so excited!
- Disconnect. I probably sound like a broken record by now, but seriously. Get off of social media, and enjoy life and those around you! Leave your phone in your bag when you’re on a date or with friends, and go charge it when you’re at home with loved ones. There’s nothing worse than sitting with someone, and both of you are staring at a screen not talking.
- Eat clean. You only have one body, take care of it. Don’t fill it with processed, unhealthy food where you can’t even pronounce half of the words on the label. Making homemade food, and eating clean is so important and it’s something I live by. Yes occasionally I cave into McDonald’s all day breakfast or a dessert from Sweetie-licious, but for the most part I eat pretty cleanly. I also track my calories and meals on MyFitnessPal, which definitely helps if you’re getting into clean eating!
- Say “yes” more. There are so many things in 2015 that I wish I would have said yes to, and that is definitely one of my goals for 2016! Like Tina Fey once said, “just say yes and you’ll figure it out afterwards”!
- Start saving money. My saving habits are actually depressing. I am the first one to blow every cent of money I have when I go shopping, and my parents, boyfriend, and friends have lectured me on it many times! So my biggest goal for 2016 is to actually save my money and create a “savings chart” like most people had in like 5th grade!
- Step outside of your comfort zone. When it comes to Friday nights, there I am in my apartment wrapped up in a blanket watching Vampire Diaries literally all night. I’m definitely more of an introvert, and quite honestly I’m pretty awkward with other people. My best friend is actually going to help me (by my request) be more social and act more like a college student. I’m pretty outgoing when it comes to everything else, but being a social person and going out is something I need to work on!
- Have girl’s nights. Make drinks and dessert, put on chic flicks (or scary movies), and spend time with the girls! Laugh, share stories, and talk about life with each other! My friends are my soulmates, and I love every moment spent with them! I have a girl’s night coming up next week with five of my great friends, and I hope we can have more nights together in 2016!
- Find the good in every day. Life is so beautiful and amazing, and sometimes it’s easy to forget that. Find something that makes you happy every single day! Whether it’s the sunrise/sunset, birds chirping, a fresh snowfall, the sound of waves, or the smell of the sea! Each day holds something new for you to discover!
- Dress for yourself. Being in college, my go to outfit is a pair of lululemon leggings, rain boots or Uggs, an oversized Delta Zeta/GVSU crew neck, no makeup, and a half pony. When my sophomore year began, I decided to actually start dressing nicer to class. Most days this was a struggle since I’m a fan of 8 am classes, and it’s definitely something I’m going to work on this year! I literally have no one to impress since my boyfriend goes to a different college two hours away, but I personally want to dress nicely for myself. Wearing a cute outfit that you know you look great in will put you in such a great mood, and you’ll look completely put together!
- Be spontaneous. Go get ice cream (or sorbet in my case) at 11 pm with your best friend, or decide last minute that a weekend getaway is exactly what you need! Life is too short to have everything planned out, which is something I need to listen to. The most fun moments and greatest memories happen from being spontaneous!
- Love yourself and those around you. You are your biggest critic and your biggest self motivator. Love yourself through all of your flaws, and stay humble through all of your perfections. Radiate positivity and love throughout your body, and touch everyone’s life in a positive way! Fall in love with your life, and fall in love with someone who makes your life complete! You’re loved by so many people, and you’re so important to them!
I hope 2016 is everything and more for all of you, and I wish you all the best!
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven’t written in a while, I’ve been taking a break to relax and spend time with loved ones! I just wanted to write a quick post and share with you a great way to fight world hunger while enjoying some healthy snacks! The Love With Food program is a monthly subscription, where they send you healthy snacks and they donate at least one meal to a food bank in America! The snacks are so good while being good for you, and you’re helping people around the country! It’s perfect for the Holiday season! No one deserves to be without food, and we can help! Below I have attached a link, and if you click on it you will receive 40% off of your first Love With food box!
Get 40% off of your first box here!
* I am not sponsored or affiliated with Love With Food, I just highly believe in their service and what they stand for. I was not paid to write this, and all opinions are genuine and my own. I hope Love With Food works for you as well as it has for me!
I will be writing more posts coming up this weekend, so make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss out! I hope you’re all having a wonderful Holiday break, and I’ll talk to you very soon!
Similar Plaid Flannel//American Eagle Jeans//Ankle Boots
Hi everyone, and happy Monday! Monday is my favorite day of the week, and I am so excited to be sharing this post with you! These pictures were taken a while ago, but I think this outfit is perfect for the weather right now! It’s been fairly warm in Michigan, which I’m honestly pretty sad about. I love the snow, and I want to have a white Christmas more than anything!
For the fall and winter, I absolutely love wearing flannels. I especially love the look of a red flannel because I feel like it’s perfect for the Holiday season. I paired it with my jeans from American Eagle, and a cute pair of taupe ankle boots! I think it would be so cute to pair with a statement necklace, and a cute vest or jacket. This will probably be my last outfit post where I’m not wrapped up in oversized sweaters, so be ready for that! Also, this is my first week of finals and I have four that I will be taking! Next week I only have two, and then I’ll be heading home for Christmas! I hope you all have a great week, and I’ll talk to you very soon!