Get ready for your new obsession, because these are literally incredible!! Check out the recipe…
Hi everyone! I thought I would kick off the first weekend of summer with a delicious, skinny muffin recipe! These are super quick and easy to make, and they’re perfect to serve with brunch or to take on the go! You NEED to try these, they are absolutely incredible! These muffins are almost fat free, and they’re healthy with the banana (with some chocolate chips for a bit of indulgence)! The greek yogurt adds protein to the muffins, while also keeping the muffins moist! They’re perfect for breakfast or a snack throughout the day, not to mention they’re absolutely delicious!!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free artisan blend flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 room temperature bananas
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Add bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, egg, milk and yogurt and blend on high until well combined, smooth and creamy. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool muffins for 5 minutes in the tin, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Muffins are best served warm!!
These muffins are also freezer friendly!! Place them inside a ziplock bag or airtight container, and freeze up to 3 months! These muffins are great to make ahead of time and enjoy later!
I hope you enjoyed seeing a recipe post for me, it’s definitely been a while! I’m planning on sharing a lot more healthy, delicious recipes with you all, especially since I make so many during the summer! Let me know if you try these recipes, and also let me know some of your favorites! I’ll talk to you very soon!
*Nutrition information is approximate due to the fact that the recipe was slightly altered. Original recipe called for regular flour, regular honey, and unsweetened almond milk!